Gastroenterology Testing takes place at the Talbot Professional Center at 4011 Talbot Road South, Suite 500, Renton, WA.
Some gastroenterology procedures and treatments performed at the facility are:
- PillCam® (upper and lower endoscopy) – The pill cam enables us to examine your entire small intestine by swallowing a small camera contained within a capsule.
- Bravo™ 48-hour pH monitoring – A capsule is used to measure the pH levels in the esophagus over a 48-hour period, which helps in diagnosing gastroesophageal reflux (GERD).
- Endoscopic esophageal scope dilation and ligation – Upper GI endoscopy, also known as EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy), is a visual examination of the upper intestinal tract using a lighted, flexible fiber optic or video endoscope
- Argon plasma coagulation for polyps and AVMs – Argon gas delivers a plasma of evenly distributed heat energy to upper or lower gastrointestinal tissue that is bleeding.
- Therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography takes a look at the ducts that drain the liver and pancreas.
- Pharmacologic/medication management – With medication management, we are able to provide additional treatment to patients to help decrease any pain and discomfort and prevent negative interactions between prescribed medications and OTC medications.
Endoscopy is used to inspect the interior surfaces of an organ by inserting a tube into the body. The instrument may have a rigid or flexible tube and not only provides an image for visual inspection and photography but also enables the taking of biopsies and retrieval of foreign objects.
For a wide range of diagnostic options for digestive diseases, call Southlake Clinic at (425) 251-5110 or fill out our online Request an Appointment form to schedule your consultation with us. We have clinics in Covington, Newcastle and Renton, King County, WA.